Tuesday, March 15, 2011

PB Blondies (OKay is this a dessert blog?)

I have been loooking and loooooking and loooooooooooking for recipes and I finally found this one! I found it in the First magazine and thought I would try... it is goooooooood!!!

1 1/2 sticks butter, room temp
1 cup, plus 2 tbs. peanut butter, divided
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp. each vanilla and baking powder
1/2 cup chopped peanuts, divided
1 cup vanilla frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In mixer on medium, beat butter, 1 cup peanut butter, and sugar for 2 minutes. Beat in egg, flour, vanilla, and baking powder. Stir in half of the peanuts; pour into greased foil-lined 9" square pan. Bake 30 minutes; let cool. In bowl, mix frosting and remaining peanut butter; spread over bars. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.

Supposedly it will serve 12, I can't remember how many bars we were able to cut, but I know it wasnt 12! It is delicous, especially if you love goodies with Peanut Butter!

No comments: